From 1 January 2015, if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by Sonic HealthPlus or any registered training organisation, you will need to hold a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
A USI is made up of ten numbers and letters and will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.
Your USI gives you access to your online USI account. This account will hold all your nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training records and results completed from 1 January 2015 onwards.
One main benefit of the USI is that all your training records and results will be stored and readily available through the one account, making accessing results for employers or even future study incredibly easy.
Do you need a USI?
From 1 January 2015 you will need a USI if you are a:
- Student enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time, for example if you are studying at TAFE or with a private training organisation, completing an apprenticeship or skill set, certificate or diploma course
- School student completing nationally recognised training
- Student continuing with nationally recognised training.
Creating your USI
To create your USI visit http://usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
Once you have successfully created your USI you will be able to:
- View and update your details in your USI account.
- Give your training organisation permission to view and/or update your USI account.
- Give your training organisation access to view your transcript.
- Control access to your transcript; and view online and download your training records and results in the form of a transcript which will help you with job applications and enrolment in further training.
If you need assistance with creating your USI do not hesitate getting in contact with our team.