Sonic HealthPlus is contracted to provide general practice and emergency medicine services to support the local Newman community. Newman is located in Western Australia’s remote North West Pilbara region approximately 2,000 kilometres north of Perth.
This project requires an integrated healthcare solution servicing a community of more than 10,000 individuals, plus a FIFO population of approximately 3,000. Services are provided via:
- Provision of medical services to Newman Hospital
- 24 hour inpatient and emergency care and acute trauma response
- Provision of primary healthcare (general practice) including deployment of credentialed doctors, specialists, nurses, physiotherapists, paramedics and associated medical receptionist personnel
- Clinical management and treatment of illness and injuries
- Pharmaceutical supply and management
- Management of reportable injuries under OSHA classification guidelines
- Rapid mobilisation and deployment of project staff.