Being connected to our people, our community, our clients and patients is a fundamental value at Sonic HealthPlus. Plus Community identifies our team focus to care for our clients and local community by supporting a national charity that shares our value in terms of looking after our communities. To positively impact our local communities, nationally we support the work that Foodbank do with fundraising events and donations.
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating on a scale that makes it crucial to the work of the front line charities that are feeding vulnerable Australians. Foodbank provides 77 million meals a year (210,000 meals a day) to more than 2,600 charities around the country, accounting for 79% of all food received by charities from food rescue organisations.
Foodbank is also the largest supporter of school breakfast programs in Australia, providing food for 2,000 schools nationally (both directly and via programs run by other organisations). Foodbank provides regular breakfasts to more than 132,000 students at schools around the country and on top of this, more than 200,000 children seek food relief from our charities every month. Support our next food drive by donating a non-perishable food or grocery item or click the below link to make a donation.Make a Foodbank donation
Connecting with our local Communities
Having worked in the industry for more than 50 years’, Sonic HealthPlus understands the importance of promoting good health, safe workplaces and strong communities. Plus Community allows us to give a little extra support to establish or build-upon grass root initiatives in the Pilbara region that positively impact the communities around us.
Initiatives can range from anything to everything, as long as they demonstrate one of the following:
- good health
- safe workplaces
- strong communities
How it works
- Every quarter we will give back to three charities in the Pilbara Region.
- Each charity will have a jar in each of our Pilbara clinics for the quarter.
- On each visit, GP patients will receive a token.
- Patients use this token to vote for their favourite organisation.
At the end of each quarter we count the tokens in each jar and $300.00 goes to the winner, with $100.00 going to the two runners up.
- If you are interested, please read the terms and conditions, prior to completing the application form.
- Groups will be chosen from the communities surrounding our clinics so we can give back to our local communities.
- Sonic HealthPlus will chose groups that best demonstrate healthy and safe community values. The decision lies with our local judging panel. We apologise if you don’t get through and encourage you to apply again.
Plus Community Results for April – June
Congratulations to the three charities that took part in the second quarter of Plus Community – Newman Day Care, Youth Involvement Centre and Reach Us Pilbara.
Yet again, the program was embraced by patients in our Newman, South Hedland and Karratha clinics.
After three months, the tokens allotted to each charity/community group by our GP patients were counted.
Congratulations to Youth Involvement Centre who finished in first place, receiving the $300 prize. As runner-ups, Newman Cay Care and Reach Us Pilbara receive $100 each.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. [SHP Plus Community] is our corporate social responsibility program. It aims to provide support to groups, organisations and causes that serve local communities where Sonic HealthPlus operate in.
- 2. In these Terms and Conditions:
- “Applicant” means a Local Community Group or an individual representative acting on behalf of a Local Community Group that applies to participate in [SHP Plus Community donations program];
- “Local Area” means the local area surrounding a Sonic HealthPlus Clinic, within an approximate 50 km radius;
- “Local Community Group” means:
- a group of people sharing a common goal;
- a charity; or
- a not-for-profit organisation;
- “Local Community Project” means a charitable or benevolent project serving a Local Area, even if the project also serves a wider area;
- “SHP Plus Community” means this SHP Plus Community donation Program.
- “Sonic HealthPlus” means Sonic HealthPlus Pty Ltd (ACN 100 261 265) and its related bodies corporate;
- “Sonic HealthPlus Clinic” means the three Sonic HealthPlus clinics in the Pilbara are that are participating in [SHP Plus Community];
- 3. Registration is only open to Local Community Groups that legitimately conduct one or more Local Community Projects within, or that serve, a Local Area.
- 4. Must have an ABN to be eligible.
- 5. Local teams or individual participants for large scale charity fundraising events are NOT considered “Local Community Groups” and therefore are NOT eligible to register.
- 6. Companies, businesses and groups that are intended to generate a profit are NOT eligible to register.
- 7. To register to participate in [SHP Plus Community donation program], eligible Local Community Groups must visit sonichealthplus.com.au/pluscommunity and follow the prompts to fully complete the online application form
- 8. Application forms must include all required details, including:
- the name and contact details of the individual completing the application on behalf of the Local Community Group;
- the Sonic HealthPlus Clinic nearest to the Applicant’s home and workplace;
- the name of the Local Community Group;
- the size of the Local Community Group (i.e., number of members);
- the Local Community Group’s address, website address and/or Facebook profile address;
- how your organisation meets the criteria;
- a blurb of approximately fifty (50) words describing the Local Community Group or the specific Local Community Project (as applicable) (“Blurb”);
- Group ABN
- the nearest Sonic HealthPlus Clinic to the Local Area served by the Local Community Group where the Applicant wishes to participate.
- 9. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible applications will be deemed invalid.
- 10. Subject to clause 12:
- Winning Applicants may only participate in [SHP Plus Community Initiative] once in any twelve (12) month period;
- Applicants may not apply separately at different Sonic HealthPlus Clinics within the same twelve (12) month period.
- 11. In the case of Local Community Groups that conduct multiple Local Community Projects, Sonic HealthPlus may allow the same Local Community Group to participate multiple times within the same twelve (12) month period (i.e., once for the Local Community Group and once for each separate Local Community Project). This will be determined by Sonic HealthPlus in its absolute discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- 12. For the avoidance of doubt, for the purposes of clauses 11–12, a “twelve (12) month period” refers to the time since the Local Community Group or Local Community Project (as the case may be) last participated in [SHP Plus Community Initiative]. This does not refer to a calendar year from January to December each year.
- 13. Sonic HealthPlus will review each application for eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Sonic HealthPlus will then choose from the eligible Applicants to be selected to participate in the [SHP Plus Community Initiative] program, in Sonic HealthPlus’ absolute discretion.
- 14. Applications will initially be reviewed by the Sonic HealthPlus Head Office and provisionally approved applications will then be forwarded to the relevant Sonic HealthPlus Community team for final approval and selection.
- 15. Sonic HealthPlus may contact Applicants for additional information or clarification when reviewing applications. If Sonic HealthPlus is unable to contact an Applicant, the application may be rejected.
- 16. Sonic HealthPlus may, in its absolute discretion, determine that:
- the relevant Sonic HealthPlus Clinic for the Local Area served by the Local Community Group or Local Community Project (as the case may be) is different from the Sonic HealthPlus Clinic nominated on the application form, in which case the application will be re-assigned to the appropriate Sonic HealthPlus Clinic; or
- the Local Community Group or Local Community Project (as the case may be) does not serve the Local Area of any Sonic HealthPlus Clinic, in which case the application will be rejected.
- 17. Approval and participation in [SHP Plus Community Initiative] is based on eligibility and compliance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions as determined by Sonic HealthPlus in its absolute discretion.
- 18. Sonic HealthPlus will notify Applicants via email to the individual nominated on the application form whether their application has been successful or not.
- 19. If an Applicant believes that their application has been unfairly assessed, they may submit an enquiry to email@example.com and ask for their application to be re-assessed. Once this has occurred, the decision by Sonic HealthPlus Head Office is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- 20. Approval of an application does not guarantee participation in [SHP Plus Community Initiative] in any particular Sonic HealthPlus Clinic in any particular quarter, which will be determined by Sonic HealthPlus in its absolute discretion. Due to the volume of applications received, Sonic HealthPlus will select Local Community Groups and Local Community Projects that it considers best suited to the [SHP Plus Community Initiative] program from amongst the approved applications to participate in [SHP Plus Community Initiative].
- 21. Approved applications will be placed in a pool for selection by the relevant Sonic HealthPlus staff for a forthcoming quarter and may not necessary be selected in the same order in which applications are received or approved. If the application included an expiry date and the application is not selected before the expiry date, it will be removed from the selection pool and the Applicant may choose to apply again in the future if they wish.
- 22. Each quarter, participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinic will select three (3) approved Local Community Groups to participate in [SHP Plus Community Initiative]. Each Local Community Group will be notified by email.
- 23. Each participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinic will have three (3) jars on display, each representing one of the selected Community Groups (or their nominated Local Community Project). Each jar will have a label identifying the Community Group or Community Project (as the case may be) and a Blurb based on the information provided in the successful application. Sonic HealthPlus reserves the right to edit the details and Blurb for the label without notice to the Applicant.
- 24. When a patient has a general practice consultation at a participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinic, they are given a token and invited to place the token in one of the jars on display to support the Local Community Group or Local Community Project of their choice.
- 25. At the end of quarter, participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinics will count up the tokens in each jar. Based on this, a total of $500 donated by Sonic HealthPlus each quarter will be distributed as follows:
- The Local Community Group represented by the jar in participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinics that has the most tokens will be awarded 1st place and receive a $300 donation, and the remaining two Local Community Groups that place 2nd and 3rd will each be given a $100 donation;
- In the event of a tie between two Local Community Groups for 1st place, each of those tied Local Community Groups will receive $200 and the third Local Community Group will receive $100;
- In the event of a tie between all three Local Community Groups for 1st place, the $500 total will be split evenly with each Local Community Group receiving $150.
- 26. Each participating Local Community Group will be notified of the outcome by email after the tokens have been counted at the quarter. Results will also be displayed at the participating Sonic HealthPlus Clinics.
- 27. Charities will be contacted as per the outcome of the vote. They will then need to invoice Sonic HealthPlus for this amount.
- 28. Charities will have up to six months to invoice Sonic HealthPlus after the end quarter they participated in.
- 29. Applicants agree that the individual nominated on the application form will be sent email communications on behalf of the Applicant regarding the progress of their application, participation in the [SHP Plus Community Initiative] program and collection of the donation cheque. That individual also agrees to be the primary point of contact for the Applicant and may be contacted by Sonic HealthPlus via the email address or phone number provided.
- 30. All applications become the property of Sonic HealthPlus. Sonic HealthPlus collects personal information in order to conduct [SHP Plus Community Initiative] and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and regulatory authorities. Participation is conditional on providing this information.
- 31. All information collected regarding Applicant will be stored on Sonic HealthPlus’ servers.
- 32. Unless you opt out on the application form, Sonic HealthPlus may use the information provided for an indefinite period for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Applicant.
- 34. Information on how to participate in [SHP Plus Community Initiative] and the rewards available form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in or registration for [SHP Plus Community Initiative] is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 35. Sonic HealthPlus reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of applications and Applicants (including an Applicant’s identity and eligibility) and to disqualify any Applicant who submits an application that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who interferes with the application or review processes. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Sonic HealthPlus’ discretion. Failure by Sonic HealthPlus to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 36. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Applicant, Sonic HealthPlus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Applicant.
- 37. The Applicant licenses and grants Sonic HealthPlus, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the name of the Local Community Group, the name of the Local Community Projects (if applicable) and the Blurb (collectively, “Content”) for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. The Applicant licenses Sonic HealthPlus to use the Content in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to in conjunction with [SHP Plus Community Initiative] and for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. The Applicant consents to any use of the Content which might otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Sonic HealthPlus may edit, remove or refuse to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Applicants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights. Applicants warrant and agree that:
- the Content is an original literary work of the Applicant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, inappropriate, objectionable or unacceptable;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
- they are fully responsible for the Content they submit in their application;
- if the application is submitted online, the Content will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- 38. The Applicant consents to Sonic HealthPlus using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting [SHP Plus Community Initiative] (including any outcome) and promoting Sonic HealthPlus products.
- 39. The use of any means to disrupt or interfere with the integrity of the voting system is strictly prohibited and may result in any Local Community Group that Sonic HealthPlus reasonably believes is involved to be disqualified from further participation or receiving any donation.
- 40. Any cost associated with accessing the website is the Applicant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- 41. Liability for any tax arising out of participation in [SHP Plus Community Initiative] is the sole responsibility of the Applicant. Applicants should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
- 42. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Sonic HealthPlus (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- 43. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Sonic HealthPlus (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Sonic HealthPlus’ control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any application or claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Sonic HealthPlus) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sonic HealthPlus;
- any tax liability incurred by a participant.
- 44. Sonic HealthPlus reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the [SHP Plus Community Initiative] program.
- 45. Sonic HealthPlus’ decisions in relation to all aspects of [SHP Plus Community Initiative] are final and no correspondence will be entered into.