Our Allied Health Services Team comprises of a range of allied health professionals including Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Psychologists, Hand Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Dieticians.
Each Allied Health Services Team member is tertiary qualified and is experienced at delivering a range of services in a workplace environment. Depending on your location and service requirements, our Allied Health Team can provide you with services such as:
- Physiotherapy: uses manual therapies, exercise programs and electrotherapy techniques to treat musculoskeletal injuries such as sports injuries and back pain and movement disorders such as those following a workplace injury.
- Exercise Physiologist: helps workers protect, maintain and manage their physical activity and lifestyle habits to prevent injury or chronic illness.
- Psychologists: offers help for a wide range of mental issues such as anxiety, depression, stress or self-esteem problems. Can develop programs for an individual or for a workplace.
- Hand Therapists: focuses on the art and science of rehabilitation of the upper limb – shoulder to hand. Involves the evaluation and testing of an injured limb from which a specific treatment program is designed.
- Occupational Therapists: assists workers to overcome various limitations and to perform daily tasks both at work and at home.
- Dieticians: provides advice on nutrition-related matters and can modify diets to treat or help manage conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancer, food allergies and food intolerances.
Each of our Allied Health Team members works closely with other Sonic HealthPlus professionals such as Doctors and Nurses to ensure a comprehensive and holistic assessment is provided.
Allied Health Team members are able to provide services from within a clinic, or by visiting an onsite location.