Need help understanding your results? Sonic HealthPlus Specialised Services division provides Medical Review Officer (MRO) services for drug and alcohol testing.
MRO’s are registered medical practitioners who have knowledge and understanding of:
- Substance abuse disorders and their management
- Alcohol and other drug testing procedures and methodologies
- Interpretation of test results including alternative medical explanations for laboratory confirmed results
- Pharmacology of illicit drugs
- Ethical and privacy issues surrounding workplace drug and alcohol testing
- Laboratory methodology and quality control
- Legislation and recommended standards in regards to drug and alcohol programs
- Fitness for work and other medical related safety issues
Sonic HealthPlus provides the following MRO services:
Drug and Alcohol Risk Management Advice
Drug and alcohol validation. Validation of all testing documentation, sample integrity and results interpretation. MRO provides a report.This service includes phone consultation with relevant parties i.e. worker, supervisor.
MRO - Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
Validation of all testing documentation. MRO provides a report. This service includes phone consultation with relevant parties.
MRO Fitness for Duty Assessment (Drug and Alcohol)
MRO makes contact with supervisor/employee and determines whether employee is fit to continue in job without risk to himself or others. Confirmatory testing takes place (circa 48 hours) and results are forwarded to MRO. MRO determines whether drug results are positive or negative i.e. consistent with declared drug usage
- If ‘negative’; MRO writes final report and case is closed.
- If ‘positive’; MRO writes final report - sends to company. Company to manage employee as per their drug and alcohol policy.