Injury Prevention Programs
On average, safe and healthy employees are up to 3 times more productive than unhealthy employees*.
Current research supports early intervention programs as a vital component in reducing complications and costs associated with workplace injury. Early intervention programs are achieved through engaging the workforce and educating those with the capacity to identify early warning signs.
Sonic HealthPlus employs best practice, evidence-based information to develop programs and solutions that minimise both the personal and business risks of injuries.
Early intervention and injury prevention programs are tailored to suit your organisation’s requirements and are targeted towards occupational injury and illness. An effective early intervention program is vital in encouraging and promoting a culture of active health and safety within any workforce.
Some of the injury prevention programs we provide include:
- Onsite Health and Wellness Programs
- Manual Handling Training
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Training
- Frontline Injury Management for Supervisors
- Claims Management, Rehabilitation and Return-to-Work Training Programs
- Provide Emergency Life Support, CPR and First Aid
- Fatigue Management and Alertness
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Office Workstation Assessments and Ergonomics in the Workplace
* Work Safe Australia 2014: Workplace Health and Safety, Business Productivity and Sustainability.
Sonic HealthPlus offers comprehensive injury management services encompassing prevention, initial treatment, and return to work coordination. Sonic HealthPlus is a one-stop-shop for your organisation’s injury management requirements.
Our clinics are fully equipped with treatment rooms capable of managing most work-related injuries. Injured workers have access to a team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and allied health professionals to ensure an integrated and prompt return to work. For a comprehensive list of clinics providing Injury Management services visit our clinic listing here.
Injury Treatment Process:
During business hours
- Call and advise the clinic you are on the way so they can prepare for your arrival. No appointment required.
- Injured worker attends closest Sonic HealthPlus injury management clinic.
- An injury management coordinator, supervisor or nominated representative is able to attend the clinic with the injured worker.
- Injured worker is immediately triaged.
- Occupational health doctor treats and consults with the injured worker.
- WorkCover certificates issued in accordance with state and territory legislation.
- Doctor available to discuss alternative duties with the injured worker and employer.
Outside of business hours
- Sonic HealthPlus has agreements nationally with local hospitals for after-hours presentations.
- Injured workers present at your nominated after hours hospital for their initial consultation and certificate.
- The hospital and treating doctor refer the case back to a Sonic HealthPlus clinic of your choice for ongoing care and management.